Canada Life says better understanding of annuities can lead to “significant” improvements in retirement income.
After analysing annuity rates last week (w/c 20 February), the firm found that disclosure of common health and lifestyle conditions could significantly improve retirement income. It said better quality information about health and lifestyle could make a positive difference to retirement incomes, even for common health indicators such as smoking, diabetes, and body mass index (BMI). It added that more complex health conditions could improve retirement incomes by significant amounts, and called for advisers to work with clients to ensure all information is fully disclosed to guarantee t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.