A summary of 10 key points from the FCA's Final Asset Management Market Study, which included a "regime of remedies" to improve competition and price clustering
1. All-in fee As initialy proposed in the Interim Report published last November, the FCA is going ahead with plans to introduce an all-in fee with feedback from asset managers pointing to option B as a clear favourite - which means the current ongoing charges figures (OCF) becomes the actual charge, with managers providing an estimate on any implicit or explicit transaction costs. However, mindful of the incoming MiFID II rules in January 2018, the regulator said further work needs to be carried out and it will consult on proposals later in the year. Interim FCA Asset Management Study...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.