Liontrust has entered into a conditional share purchase agreement with Neptune to buy the entire business for up to £40m, which will see the entire management team join Liontrust.
The acquisition will see Robin Geffen step down from his role as CEO of the business to focus solely on the management of the funds and lead the investment management team. Liontrust said the whole team would be joining its London office, and will be renamed the Liontrust Global Equity team once the acquisition is completed. Robin Geffen is named lead manager on Neptune's £430m Balanced, £283m Income and £220m Russia & Greater Russia fund, as well as the Global Alpha, Global Technology and Global Smaller Companies funds. He also recently promoted his son William Geffen to assistant...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.