Private medical insurance (PMI) advisers have questioned whether VitalityHealth's change to its pricing strategy will adversely affect customers.
The health insurer announced this week that renewal premiums will now be based on an ‘ABC' model which takes into account increasing Age; the Base medical inflation rate; and a new Claims and wellness engagement measure. The insurer described the industry-standard no claims discount (NCD) rating structure as opaque and said that it could "produce volatile premiums on renewal." It claimed that the new pricing structure would be" fairer, more intuitive and more transparent" for VitalityHealth members. However advisers have welcomed the insurer's bid for transparency but warned that t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.