British Friendly is trialling 'Immediate Support Payment' for claims received on income protection policies that have been in force for at least three months.
The friendly society said it would begin payment of the weekly benefit amount at the end of the deferred period, whether the supporting medical evidence had been received or not, "subject to eligibility criteria". British Friendly began trialling its Immediate Support Payment in November 2017, which will run until March 2018 on a discretionary basis. The maximum amount payable is £500, the friendly society said. If it finds the claim is invalid, however, it will reduce any future benefit payments by the amount of Immediate Support Payment that was paid to the member. British Frien...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.