More than half of advisers (59%) want to cut the number of platforms they use, according to research from Aviva.
The provider's research found that no advisers it spoke with were using more than five platforms, with most (70%) using two or three. Research from three years ago found 11% used more than five and 58% used two or three. Two-thirds (65%) of advisers told Aviva their firm had several platforms available and they could choose which one they used. Some 64% said they used one main platform. Aviva said these figures were in line with its 2020 research where the corresponding figures were 64% and 61%. It commented that these figures indicated that using fewer platforms was down to the pe...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.