The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Portal Financial Services as failed.
The firm, previously trading as Portafina and Portal Financial, applied to cancel its authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on 18 June 2021. On 18 January 2023, Portal entered compulsory liquidation. The firm's co-directors Timothy David Moore, Andrew Richard Moore, Paul Stephen Wheal, Shaun Christopher Murphy, and Andrew Jamie Smith-Thompson, who also holds compliance oversight and money laundering reporting roles, according to the FCA register. The firm previously had four appointed representatives including Berkeley Smythe and Partners (8 Nov 2010 to 5 July 201...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.