More policyholders view their cover as a financial priority than would cancel policy due to the cost of living crisis, according to Vitality.
Research by the provider found that one in seven respondents (13%) would consider cancelling life insurance policies to keep up with the economic crisis, while under one third (29%) of those surveyed said it was a "non-negotiable" financial priority. Vitality also found that nearly two in five adults in the UK (37%) have never switched or cancelled a life insurance policy, with one quarter having never switched or cancelled an income protection policy (27%) or Serious Illness Cover policy (28%) respectively. The provider noted it was "particularly alarming" that policyholders were con...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.