Advisers must go on a journey with clients, beyond the “one hit wonder” sale, according to Mortgage Advice Bureau's Andy Walton.
Speaking during the ProtectX Live session during the Protection Review 2022 conference, the protection and propositions director spoke about the importance of regularly checking in with clients and, much like a dental appointment", proactively inform clients of appointments, rather than waiting for them to come to you. "The dentist books you in because they are telling you there are needs that you have got with your teeth, that even though we have done our job to this point, it will still need looking at in the future," he said. However, Walton noted that when it comes to protection,...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.