The Financial Conduct Authority has banned one-man-band independent financial adviser Anthony George from performing any regulated activity in the financial services industry.
The regulator's move comes after Anthony George, director, shareholder and approved person at 4Life Financial Planning Limited, submitted false information to HM Revenue & Customs. George understated the income in his self-assessment tax returns over a five-year period for the tax years 2013/2014 to 2017/2018, the FCA said, and concealed it by providing the regulator with information he knew to be false during the interviews with the authority. "George did not pay the correct amount of income tax and, in addition, he claimed and received working tax credit to which he was not entitled...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.