National Friendly has launched an Out Patient Optimum private medical insurance plan, describing it as a potential solution to UK GP waiting times.
The private medical insurance plan offers a range of benefits including the ability for customers to gain immediate access to a network of private GPs across the UK. A recent survey of 830 GPs by GP magazine Pulse has suggested the average wait for a GP appointment is now around 13 days in England. National Friendly head of sales and marketing Wayne Carter said: "GP waiting times are a highly visible issue for the NHS, as a visit to the GP is key to unlocking access to both NHS and private care, even for relatively minor ailments. "Delays of up to two weeks inconvenience many, so w...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.