New research on how information is most easily understood has revealed the insurance industry lags behind others in presenting information simply.
Jargon-free language (64%) and the use of images (28%) help most in making consumer sales research has found. Unum, and the Plain English Campaign have found he insurance industry is the biggest culprit for making product information difficult to understand, with a difficulty rating of 46%, over other sectors, including banking which eaned a 29% difficulty rating, retail (25%), cars (23%) and food (8%). As a result of this research, Unum is joining forces with the Plain English Campaign, to "keep it simple" across their insurance products. Jack McGarry, CEO Unum UK, says: "The resu...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.