Wingate Financial Planning Chartered financial planner Alistair Cunningham has said he is "disappointed rather than surprised" to hear of the exclusive CII and SJP vulnerable clients qualification.
On Friday (6 September), the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) launched an Inclusive Financial Planning qualification exclusive to St James's Place (SJP) partners and advisers. It was designed to help SJP advisers develop a detailed and holistic understanding of vulnerable customers and their needs, and is exclusive to SJP for two years. In response to the launch, Cunningham said he was "disappointed rather than surprised" with the pairing. He said it seemed in contradiction with the code of ethics that financial advisers would adhere to as they would be expected to act in the best int...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.