From winning £3,500 for an elderly client in time for Christmas to a spot of career advice, 2011 has again been a year of proud moments for IFAs...
Giving financial advice is never run-of-the-mill: it is always as varied as your client base. Professional Adviser spoke to a number of advisers about some of their memorable interactions with clients in 2011. Breaking misconceptions Jason Witcombe, director of Evolve Financial Planning, met a new client who earned £250,000 but had failed to make any pension savings. She feared, Witcombe said, “locking her money away” and believed she had to buy an annuity and would lose all her money if she died. Witcombe explained: “She is 40 so it is only locked away until 55 and she has plenty o...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.