It has been almost six years since pension freedoms came into effect, writes Neil MacGillivray, and advisers' jobs are more important than ever
From the outset SIPPs were considered as a means of making it easier for people to manage their own pension arrangements. But their true potential in wealth management arguably took a further 26 years to develop through the introduction of pension freedoms in 2015. Many feared it would quickly go downhill from there, with wild headlines of SIPPs being fully encashed and Lamborghini dealerships booming. I'm sure the odd supercar was purchased, but the view that people couldn't be trusted with their own money was greatly exaggerated. Why? Well, in part because getting appropriate financial...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.