London firm Holborn Financial has acquired the business of retiring Maidstone-based IFA Gary Cook.
The deal - announced this morning (21 April) - stated that the Wimbledon firm acquired Gary Cook Financial Services for an undisclosed sum. Holborn Financial managing director and founder Emyr Blease said his firm was looking to expand "in a measured and cautious way", focussed on acquisitions of client books from retiring advisers. "Many IFAs started their careers in the corporate world, working for banks, large investment, life and pension firms, before deciding to set up on their own," he explained. "That is the path I took. I understand how these entrepreneurs, unfettered by corpo...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.