The government has opened a consultation on proposed amendments to the NHS Pension Scheme.
The consultation, launched by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) yesterday (5 December), is seeking views on the proposed changes outlined in the scheme's ‘Our plan for patients' policy paper, which was published in September. The proposed changes include an amendment to the 1995 section of the scheme to provide members with new retirement flexibilities, removing obstacles for staff returning to work from retirement. The proposals also include plans to enable staff members to take partial retirement should they wish to do so. The DHSC has outlined a proposal to reduce the...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.