HM Treasury has launched the UK Transition Plan Taskforce (TPT) to “develop the gold standard” for climate transition plans for UK companies.
The taskforce is developing a regime which will require financial institutions and listed companies to create "rigorous and robust transition plans". TPT has a two-year mandate to establish good practice for transition plans, which will inform the implementation of the UK's Sustainability Disclosure Requirements. It plans to fulfil this mandate through three workstreams which will create: A sector-neutral framework for private sector transition plans Sector-specific guidance for finance and real economy sectors Recommendations for companies preparing transition plans and stak...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.