Consumer Duty tops the list of the five key considerations for advisers to consider in 2023, according to Deepbridge.
Looking ahead to the new year, partner Andrew Aldridge said advisers will be contending with a recession and new regulation along with their day to day business. Consumer Duty Consumer Duty tops Aldridge's list of things advisers need to think about as they approach the new year. Aldridge described it as the "biggest change for advisers to deal with since the Retail Distribution Review". While initial plans for consumer duty already need to be in place, the rules need to be embedded by the end of July. The regulation is wide ranging with 161 pages of policy statement and 121 of f...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.