Aviva is the latest provider to announce policy changes to help employers who offer National Insurance (NI) cover as part of its group income protection (GIP) offering.
The changes will see employers' GIP cover from Aviva automatically account for the NI rise, as well as the new 1.25% Health & Social Care Levy increase, which will come into effect from 6 April 2023. Aviva stated the change will most beneficial for existing GIP policies, where the policy insures NIC as well as new GIP policies going on risk from 6 April 2022. Jason Ellis, sales director, group protection at Aviva explained that by covering the increase in NICs and the levy, "we hope to provide reassurance and certainty to our GIP clients who insure NI contributions, as the changes com...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.