Advisers are struggling to turn conversations around income protection into sales, according to a survey from the Income Protection Taskforce (IPTF).
The survey found that more than half of adviser respondents (57%) said that they recommended income protection (IP) to at least 70% of clients, with around one-in-five (19%) making a recommendation to more than 90% of clients. However, despite an encouraging number of conversations taking place, converting discussions to sales remains an obstacle. The IPTF found that three quarters (74%) of advisers reported that less than half of their clients went on to take out an income protection policy. For 21% of these advisers, the figure was less than 10%. At the other end of the scale, j...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.