Group income protection can be a low-cost, effective starting point to help manage sickness absence, writes Steven Dean, which makes it an invaluable tool for businesses looking to ensure they are truly diverse
Diversity in the workplace has never been so hotly debated. Now large companies are obliged to publish figures on their gender pay gap, discrepancies in pay - and the imbalance of men and women in senior roles - have started to dominate headlines. Another diversity issue is bubbling quietly under the surface, however, and while it may not be attracting as many headlines, it is just as deserving of attention. Not all workers are benefiting from high levels of employment - while 80.6% of people without disabilities are employed, this falls to 49.2% of those with disabilities. Though the em...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.