In the second in a new series offering protection non-specialists an insight into the group risk market, Steven Dean outlines how group income protection policies can offer legal support to business owners
The world of business is never short of new rules for company owners to keep track of - employment law, regulations, health and safety - the list can feel endless. Many companies do not have in-house legal support and the cost of hiring legal consultants can be astronomical. Research by LawBite found small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) need legal help up to eight times a year. Taking this into account, the costs really stack up when you consider that a solicitor can charge upwards of £200 for an hour of their time. For financial advisers specialising in protection, advising clie...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.