From taxing NHS doctors to confusing pension charges - here's our weekly heads-up on the financial stories that may have caught your clients' attention over the weekend…
Is this Britain's most taxed NHS doctor? A 46-year-old doctor working for the NHS was handed a £125k pension tax bill, The Daily Telegraph reports. The paediatrician, who was given the bill for the 2017-18 tax year, offers an example of UK doctors' issues with taper taxes on excess pension savings. "I'm paying nearly 80% of my salary on tax - I've worked for the NHS for free," he says. "I'm in the red and I think I am the highest-taxed NHS doctor for pension growth." Dr Nicholas Grundy, of campaign group GP Survival, argues it is a ridiculous situation where the doctor would ha...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.