The amount of people considering a career in financial advice has surged by almost 15% as demand for the industry rises, Openwork research has revealed.
The advice network found that almost six out of 10 adults (59%) would consider a career in financial advice, up from the 45% who showed interest in an advice career in March 2019. Openwork's survey showed promising results for the future of the industry, with two thirds (66%) of 18 to 24-year-olds interested in pursuing a career in advice. The profession still remains more popular among men, with 65% looking at becoming advisers, but 54% of women surveyed show an interest in becoming advisers. Openwork director of learning and acquisition Claire Limon welcomed the results but said ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.