Aegon paid 95% of individual critical illness (CI) claims in the first half of 2017, maintaining the same level of CI claims that were paid for the whole of 2016.
The percentage of life claims also remains the same as that reported for the total claims in 2016 at 98%. However the insurer has not published its income protection claims statistics as it is planning to publish these on an annual basis due to a ‘low number of claims.' Aegon UK head of underwriting and claims Simon Jacobs said: "One of the biggest myths in the protection industry is that providers don't pay claims. "This is clearly not the case and as a collective we need to share the positive customer stories demonstrating how valuable the right protection can be. "While we ar...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.