Barclays Wealth & Investment Management financial planner Andrew Porter has been appointed president of the Birmingham and West Midlands branch of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI).
Porter, who has been a member of the CISI since 1993 and gained his CISI Diploma in 1996, said he was particularly interested in the educational side of the trade body - both ongoing professional development for members and educating those interested in a career in finance and financial education generally. Adding he was pleased to connect his appointment to his work as a trustee on the CISI Educational Trust, he continued: "There are many forthcoming events, such as student Insight Days and the Professional Skills conference, that the branch are becoming involved in and I would like us...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.