Bright Grey paid out 91% of critical illness (CI) claims in the last six months of 2011.
Just 2% of claims were declined for non-disclosure, with the average payout being £82,000. In the first half of the year the provider paid 90% of claims with a 4% non-disclosure rate. This gave an overall rate of 90% for the whole year. Cancer remained the most common reason for a claim (55%), followed by heart attack (10%), stroke (10%) and multiple sclerosis (9%). Nearly half (47%) of claims were made by people who were 40 or under and the youngest claimant was just 23 years old, having suffered a stroke. Roger Edwards, proposition director at Bright Grey and its Royal Lond...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.