Complaints about critical illness (CI) have spiked sharply over the last six months, the FSA has reported.
The rise is mirrored by products in the ‘other pure protection' class. Income protection (IP) complaints have remained largely static, both year-on-year and in consecutive half year periods. In total complaints against general insurance and pure protection products grew by 18% to 848,357, including an alarming 66% increase in those for advising, selling and arranging. However, this class grouping includes payment protection insurance (PPI) and so is likely to be skewed significantly by the current ongoing actions, as illustrated by the total number of PPI complaints leaping 23% to ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.