The FSA has gone viral, posting its first consumer guidance video on how to avoid falling victim to land banking schemes on YouTube.
The FSA estimates schemes where investors are conned into buying worthless plots of land cost consumers as much as £200m. Here Jonathan Phelan, the FSA's head of unauthorised business and scams expert explains how land banking schemes work and how consumers can keep their if you are contacted by scammers.
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.