In this week’s episode of The Pro Adviser Podcast, in association with Architas, Hannah Godfrey talks to David Penney, the London-based adviser who unintentionally played a key role in reigniting a campaign to reform the FSCS levy.
After being given just one month to pay a surprise £4,500 bill towards to Financial Services Compensation Scheme's (FSCS) supplementary levy, Penney Ruddy and Winter director and Chartered financial planner David Penney was fed up. He decided to write to both his local MP and the MP in which his business is based, asking for parliamentary attention to be given to the rising levy. His MP has since replied and written to the Chancellor. Penney's letter gained traction among his twitter followers, and since then Professional Adviser, in partnership with the Personal Finance Society, PIMFA a...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.