In light of Aviva's mammoth £385m deal for advice firm Succession Wealth, Professional Adviser has gathered up all of the big provider-led advice acquisitions of the past 10 years since the Retail Distribution Review to highlight the return of the product creator in financial advice...
The return of life and asset management companies to financial advice has been somewhat overshadowed by the blinding influx of private equity money in the last few years. But, after Aviva's purchase of Succession Wealth, the providers are becoming unmistakably much more intent on controlling distribution - to use the uglier, provider-preferred term for financial advice and planning. Indeed, Natalie Holt, content editor at the lang cat, echoes a similar view in response to Aviva's mammoth deal: "We wonder whether this [Aviva's acquisition of Succession] is a symptom of something much b...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.