Mark Slater, manager of the MFM Slater Growth fund, talks to Jo Faith about the rationale behind his strict investment criteria and reveals what has driven his outperformance.
The UK All Companies sector is highly competitive. How do you differentiate your fund from its peers? The fund pursues a distinctive methodology, focusing on investing in dynamic growth companies which generate healthy cash flows trading on attractive PEGs; in other words that are cheap in relation to their earnings growth rates. We have an ultra-purist approach and look for companies with identifiable growth drivers that look reliable and sustainable. Ideally we like businesses to have a discernible tailwind. This is quite a big ask in today's world. Can you give an example of a p...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.