I advise on PMI schemes for small groups. With many members in their 60s, what do I need to consider as they approach retirement?
Debbie Kleiner-Gaines, Best Health UK Most group administrators would not have considered the potential issues for employees approaching retirement, but planning for healthcare needs should be a priority in retirement planning. As an adviser, you may wish to encourage your client to discuss this with their staff, preferably with your assistance. Perhaps offer to run a ‘clinic’ or prepare an email for your client to send around. In most cases, the insurer will offer a ‘Continuation Option’, which is their agreement to continue cover for any medical conditions. However, insurers...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.