The majority of employers agree with recommendations to introduce tax breaks for private medical insurance (PMI), a survey has found.
According to research by Simplyhealth, more than half (55%) of the HR professionals who responded agreed that all companies should be given tax breaks in order to provide their entire staff with medical insurance. The survey also found that 52% of businesses that only offered PMI to some employees would be more likely to provide it to all staff if a tax break was available for standard rate taxpaying employees. As COVER reported, the sickness absence review strongly recommended that tax relief for lower earners on PMI be considered to help speed employees return to work. It also ca...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.