It's a pleasant change to think positively about the direction of the protection market and to identify a significant opportunity for advisers.
Having been in freefall for the previous four years, the fifth incarnation of the FSA's protection market survey, which covers 2009/10, makes far more encouraging reading for those operating in the sector. While the results should be taken cautiously, they show that sales of pure protection products are starting to level-off from their long-term nose dive. Indeed, critical illness (both standalone and as a rider) has led the way in the recovery and it is only income protection that has let the side down. More importantly, for those advisers to whom protection is a core part of thei...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.