Steve Elliott, technical manager at Progress from Royal Liver wonders if there is any mileage in the Cup for his industry.
It could be me but given recent (sadly) failed attempts to drum up support for the various protection initiatives, I can't help feeling envious of other industries ability to ride in on the coattails of sporting events like the world cup. I sit here in my car (resplendent with car flags from sports direct, JJB sports14 newspapers, 6 cereal suppliers and one I picked up from the road) crossing my fingers while eating my England KitKat and drinking from my England thermos flask, as I contemplate my England air fresheners courtesy of Halfords, shell etc etc) - you get the picture. Yes ‘o...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.