Continuing our countdown to Christmas, Stephen Allen discusses navigating a tricky year for commercial property and picking suitable investments for the coming year
The property sector has experienced some tough times recently. Although redemptions in property funds started earlier in the year, with investors cashing in on strong returns, the Brexit vote magnified this trend, increasing outflows from the UK property sector. When sentiment about property funds soured following the vote for Brexit, having one of the largest multi-manager teams in the UK and direct access to fund managers helped us make the right choices. Of course we are not saying this is fool-proof, but it certainly helps. Property funds were even reported on in the mainstream ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.