With the current recovery in commodity prices and sterling's depreciation feeding through to higher prices, inflation is back on the agenda, says Architas senior investment manager Solomon Nevins.
Speaking in the above video, which continues Professional Adviser's Architas Advent Calendar counting down to Christmas, Nevins discusses why real assets, like many other yielding investments, are again popular with income-seeking investors. He said: "The Bank of England expects inflation to reach 2.7% by the end of 2017 and, while it will be reluctant to raise interest rates for fear of choking off the economic recovery, it will find itself under increasing pressure to do so. "Taking some more inflation protection looks sensible and we think real assets are a good way to achieve this...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.