At Bank of Scotland mortgages, we consider the large loan market to be a niche sector that requires a tailored approach compared to that of the conventional mortgage market.
The proposition we offer isn't just about how much we are willing to lend but, crucially, it is about the service we provide to intermediaries, which is essential in the current economic climate. This is what differentiates us from our competitors, as service is key to any lender on which intermediaries rely to deliver for their clients. Figures from the Council of Mortgage Lenders demonstrated that the number of mortgage advances over £500,000 increased by 32% in 2007, which illustrates that there is an increase in demand for products in the large loan sector. Intermediaries who ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.