Laura Suter looks at the ‘fiery hell’ that is today’s mortgage market and asks if clients should be investing any spare cash they have or consider overpaying on their current deals…
I've become a statistic. I'm a homeowner who is soon coming off a cheap fixed-rate deal and into the fiery hell that is the mortgage market today. It's estimated that around 1.4 million people will see their mortgage deal come up for renewal in the coming year, which means a lot of households face a big hit to their incomes. And while some might have buried their heads in the sand, I don't have that luxury. As someone who crunches the numbers every time the Bank of England increases interest rates and works out the dent it will make in the nation's monthly mortgage payments, I'm keenl...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.