Daniel Edwards explains why now is the time for advisers to challenge MPS providers on Consumer Duty
Advisers are, quite rightly, asking their platforms and product providers how they'll be supported following the introduction of Consumer Duty. But are they challenging their MPS providers and DFMs in the same way? Both are key elements in many adviser firm's CIPs, so need to evidence how they're preparing to support advisers directly, and how they're working with platforms to make sure that everything needed for the April and July deadlines, and beyond, is in place. A shift in mindset? Despite the best efforts of PROD in 2018, some managers operating at arm's length from the end...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.