Jack Rose explores the risk and rewards of VCTs and explains what advisers need to consider when using the investment option for younger clients...
As we enter the final weeks of the tax year, and with the 31 January self-assessment tax deadline as a backdrop, investors and advisers are faced with a challenging climate that demands the optimisation of portfolios for tax efficiency, and the mitigation of external economic and political risks. Among the various investment options that cater to these demands, venture capital trusts (VCT) have emerged as a favoured choice for their tax advantages and opportunities to invest in small, unquoted companies with significant growth potential. The popularity of VCTs is not without good reas...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.