In the first of a new series, Darius McDermott explores five different ways to invest in Asia
Asia equities have struggled in the past couple of years, in no small part penalised by the regulatory crackdowns in the region's largest country, China. But according to Mike Sell, head of emerging markets at Alquity, we could have reached a turning point. "Q2 numbers from China won't be great, but we're seeing sequential improvement month after month," he said. He cites economic stimulus in the form of a 10bps interest rate cut, the doubling of the bank lending quota for smaller companies, infrastructure investment (including special bond issuance), tax cuts and rebates, cuts in the mo...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.