Many of us have kicked off 2021 feeling a bit low, writes Chris Budd, who explores how advisers can help clients with their financial wellbeing in the coming year...
Have you, like me, started 2021 feeling a little low? Chances are so have your clients. With this month's column I would like to share some possible reasons for this and what you might do about it. Financial wellbeing junkies The set point theory of happiness tells us that we arrive in adulthood with a set level of wellbeing (interestingly, it is thought to be mainly inherited, plus a significant influence from childhood experiences). It is difficult to have a long-term impact on our set level of wellbeing. What we can do, however, is to make short and medium-term actions to ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.