The big players in the platform market have been established for a few years now, writes Tom Ellis, but after recent events it is clear there is a new kid on the block
Embark Group has stormed onto the adviser platform stage in recent months with two solid-looking acquisitions but, until recently, the firm's emergence has been rather understated. Back in early 2016 it was the owner of self-invested personal pension (SIPP) provider Hornbuckle, while it also had a hand in some employee benefits work. However, acquisitions of Hornbuckle rival Rowanmoor, Charles Stanley's pension business, discretionary investment insight business DISCUS, and research firm The Adviser Centre saw the firm grow throughout 2016 and 2017. Those purchases steadily transformed t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.