It may surprise you to see a founding director of a membership and training organisation jump to the defence of what many would see as a competitor, but Rohan Sivajoti believes financial advice apprenticeships could be set up to fail if accredited training providers are going to be assessed by Ofsted
Ofsted's recent assessment of SimplyBiz's New Model Business Academy is another example of how the education regulator and government fundamentally misunderstood our profession from the outset when they created the current apprenticeship standards. It has been reported the primary point of criticism from Ofsted was that the New Model Business Academy "doesn't focus sufficiently on building skills and behaviours in the first 12 months", instead preferring to focus on passing exams. The report states that apprentices "do not have sufficient opportunity to develop their skills and behaviou...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.