LV='s Justin Harper talks through the virtues of income protection as a financial safety net for those facing mental health problems
Mental health illnesses are undoubtedly some of the most widespread in the UK, with the Health Survey for England stating one in four of us can be expected to be affected by a mental health illness at some point in our lives. In fact, last year an NHS report stated that one-in-three fit notes were issued due to psychiatric problems, which was more than for more obvious musculoskeletal conditions. We know the causes of mental health illnesses are extensive, ranging from genetic, psychological, and environmental factors. Less discussed, however, is the relationship between mental health...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.