Royal London Asset Management's (RLAM) head of fixed interest Jonathan Platt has highlighted the importance of spreading portfolio risk during challenging times for bond investors.
Talking to Professional Adviser and Investment Week editorial director Lawrence Gosling as part of a new series of video interviews with the group's investment team, Platt said: "At an individual stock level we are big believers in risk spreading but also getting close to the assets of the issuer. "For this reason we like secured bonds where we can get a claim on assets." Turning to the UK's exit from the European Union, Platt admitted that not knowing the terms of Brexit "creates difficulty", largely because growth and inflation implications are unknown. Added to this, the UK has...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.