London-based wealth management firm Pello Capital is under Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) investigation five months on from entering voluntary liquidation.
The firm was authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) from early 2007 until 15 November 2022 and was placed in creditors liquidation by its directors on 14 December last year. The move came after action taken against the firm by the regulator to place requirements on it which prevented Pello Capital from both conducting regulated activities and disposing of its assets. The FSCS confirmed today (10 May) that Evelyn Partners have been appointed as the wealth manager's special administrator. It added it was "currently working closely with the administrators while we investi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.